Powerful Tools for Life
Every Jedi Master Must Have!
Having as many good tools for life in your arsenal can really help you with transitions you want to make. In this case, working with change involves a very wide variety of options available to us. Since every “change” problem is different, it’s a great idea to learn all you can and experiment with what works for YOU!
“To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail” — Abraham Maslow”
Again, don't think ONE tool will be magic bullet! Keep the kaizen mindset, working with incremental changes on a regular basis. Keep in mind, a lot of these tools require practice and REPETITION to work. Obviously some require more time to master than others.
For instance, let’s take the humble, but mighty hammer. It’s something we can use “good enough” a lot of the time. However, if you give a hammer to the jedi master carpenter, he will need only 2 strikes to nail it perfectly. To get to that level, it takes lots of repetition.
These tools for life are categorized based on the ADKAR model. Next to each tool are the elements of ADKAR that can assist you. It's just one way I'm classifying it to identify your specific needs.
- Journal Software or Online Journal – (Awareness)
- Mediation – (Awareness, Desire)
- Vision Board (Awareness, Desire)
- Visualization – (Awareness, Desire)
- NLP – (Awareness, Knowledge, Ability)
- EFT – (Knowledge, Ability)
- Sedona Method – (Knowledge, Ability)
- 30 Day Challenge – (Knowledge, Ability)
- Hypnosis – (Awareness?, Desire?, Ability?)
- Change management Software – (Ability, Reinforcement)
- Change Plan – (Reinforcement)
- Time Tracking/Time Log (Knowledge, Reinforcement)
- Goal Setting Worksheets - (Awareness, Knowledge, Reinforcement)
- Task Management Software - (Knowledge, Reinforcement)
- Mind Map - All
Take some time to learn and experiment with the different tools.
Return to Home from Tools for Life